New School Board Member Training: You’re Elected, Now What?
Calling all new School Board Members – this training will give you the basics you need to know to be a successful new School Board Member.
Review our School Board Member Manual
The BEST School Board Member Academy will cover/introduce the following topics:
1. Governance: what is this?
2. Roles and Responsibilities: the who, what, when, where, and why
3. Superintendent: setting and working within the boundaries
4. Policy v. Procedure: what these mean and how are they handled
5. Finances: whose money is it and your fiduciary role
6. Policy vs. Procedure: the board’s role
7. Understanding Committees
8. Strategic Plan: a guide to accomplishments and accountability
9. Robert’s Rules of Order: conducting orderly and professional meetings
10. Applying Home Rule
11. Communications: Utilizing the Media to Inform your Constituents
New and returning school board members – register today!